POWER ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER
- Post Date:1 February 2018
- Apply Before: 1 February 2021
- Salary 45000Type PermanentJob Title Power Electronics Design Engineer
- Job Sector EngineeringConsultant firstname.lastname@example.org
Role: Power Electronics Design Engineer
Location: Gateshead, Newcastle
Lynx Recruitment currently have a fantastic role for a Power Electronics Design Engineer based in Gateshead, working for a well-established company.
The Role and Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible in the Support in the design, development and testing of hardware / software solutions, working alongside a Principle Project Engineer & Project Manager.
• The development, analysis, and validation of design solutions to meet the project requirements using prototyping, simulation and validation by test techniques.
• Generation of all functional, component, manufacturing, test and validation specifications. Contribute to the delivery of accurate project documentation.
• Ensuring that all design solutions are robust, reliable, meet the budgeted cost and are on time.
• Support related activities such as drawing and printed circuit board development.
• Liaise with test and production departments during product introduction process, including design of test rigs.
• Support with the installation and commissioning of equipment at the customers premises
• To assist the Principal Engineer in the planning, test set-up and operation of qualification tests as necessary, including tests conducted off site. The production of accurate qualification test reports
• Preparation of materials for design reviews. Provide advice on all aspects of design and engineering to management and staff to ensure effective decision making.
• Actively follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work, and be responsible for your own health and welfare, working with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is safe. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area.
• Participate in, and where requested, lead risk mitigation activities including DFMEA and Hazard analysis
• From time to time, perform duties outside of your role as the needs of the business require.
• Design and test experience of Power Electronic Converters (AC:AC, DC:DC, DC:AC) and/or Motor Drives. Be able to demonstrate experience in using simulation tools including Matlab/Simulink.
• Degree in Electronics Engineering (BEng 2:1 or higher) with disciplines in Power
We are looking to arrange interviews as soon as possible so please forward your most up to date CV to email@example.com