- Post Date:13 September 2017 1698
- Salary 25000Type PermanentJob Title Electrical Engineer
- Job Sector ITGrip Consultant firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Electrical Engineer (Cable Harnessing) – Swindon
Reporting to the Technical Engineering Manager, this position will be responsible for quoting / engineering all aspects of Cable Harnessing. These quotes are for all industries including the Defence, Aerospace & commercial markets.
• Successfully manage individual quotes within the quality requirements and project financial constraints.
• Provide technical support to other engineers and production staff
• Ensure technical and professional accuracy of your work.
• Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
• Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
• Ensuring that the product being manufactured meets the company’s standards, policies and practices.
• Understand and keep up to date with technical and legislative progress.
• Interface with third parties and clients in a professional manner.
• Present concepts and solutions to the customer.
• Report progress to the senior management team.
• Prepare and deliver quotations / bids documentation to include technical solutions, estimating labour times and material costs.
• Sales support including Site visits, installations and exhibitions (with possible overnight stays) with direct interaction with customers and suppliers.
• Experience in a similar and relevant role.
• Must have the ability to use a 2D CAD system to produce full manufacturing drawings of Cables and Harnesses.
• The ability to use ‘Harnware’ would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Must have a good understanding of engineering concepts.
• Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or at the project level to provide solutions to a range of harness installation problems.
• Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with strong planning skills.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of electrical equipment suitable for use in military vehicles: this would be advantageous but is not essential.
• An understanding of CAN, MILCan and Ethernet systems would be advantageous but is not essential.
• Ability to deal with suppliers and sub-contractors from concept to delivery of products.
• Able to work extended hours as required.
• Company values of Integrity, Professional, Knowledge, Respect and Passion.
• Knowledge of Sage 50: this would be advantageous but is not essential.
Salary: Depending upon experience
Hours: Mon – Thur 08.00 – 16:30hrs (30 minute lunch) Fri 08.00 – 01.00hrs
Job Type: Full-time1698